The OM8816-62 is a high-power, high-efficiency Front-End Module for GSM850 / EGSM900, DCS1800 and PCS1900 operation. The FEM supports Class12 General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), EDGE multi-slot operation, and dual band TD-SCDMA / TD-LTE linear transmission. This FEM builds upon OnMicro’s unique power amplifier architecture technology to provide maximum efficiency and output power, integrated over-current and over-voltage regulating technology stable ruggedness and TRP performance under load mismatch.
The module provides 50 Ω impedance at input and output ports, consists of a CMOS Controller, a SP16T RF switch with integrated Tx low pass harmonic filtering can achieve best harmonic performance. The OM8816-62 supports both the linear-GMSK operation standard and VRAMP-BASED operation facilitating various platforms application implementation.
This FEM can sustain 8KV ESD at Antenna port, without external components needed, and also guarantee robust 12:1 VSWR on Antenna Port under load mismatch condition.
• LGA: 5.5 mm × 5.3 mm × 0.74±0.06 mm
• Fully programmable MIPI RFFE control
• Fourteen low-insertion-loss TRx ports (five ultra-low loss) with enhanced linearity, for state-of-the-art 4G performance and GPS/WiFi compatibility
• High Efficiency (inclusive of coupler)
• Over-current limiting and over-voltage protection for ruggedness and extended battery life
• Power control circuitry built-in for improved TRP variation
• Cellular handsets encompassing Quad-Band GSM/EDGE, and TDD LTE
• Class 4 GSM850 / EGSM900
• Class 1 DCS1800 / PCS1900
• Class 12 GPRS multi-slot operation
• Linear EDGE operation
• TDD-LTE Bands 34/39
Functional Block Diagram