OnMicro Enters Automotive Component Market with the AEC-Q100 Certified RF Switch
In April 2023, OnMicro announced that it has received the AEC-Q100 grade 2 certification for a high power SPDT RF switch HS8727-91. The AEC-Q100 certification means this product is qualified to enter the high performance, high reliability automotive component market. OnMicro is actively promoting this product to several major automotive module makers to ensure that HS8727-91 gains a leading position in the market.
As vehicle communication technology evolves, the level of intelligence and connectivity in vehicles is constantly improving, bringing people a more enjoyable and secure driving experience. Vehicle communication equipment serves as the hardware foundation for intelligent vehicles. RF switches are essential components in such equipment.
HS8727-91 is a high-power RF switch IC for the automotive communication applications, Designed for broadband application from 0.1 to 6 GHz, this silicon-on-insulator (SOI) based single-pole double-throw (SPDT) switch IC can meet the stringent automotive requirements for various radio access technologies, such as 2G/3G/4G/5G/V2X. It can be widely used in TBOX (Telematics Box), connectivity modules, NAD (Network Access Device), OBU (On Board Unit), RSU (Road Side Unit) and other RF applications. HS8727-91 is available in a 6-pin DFN package with dimension of 1.1mm x 0.7mm x 0.38mm. Below are the major technical features of HS8727-91:
• Advanced SOI technology provides low insertion loss and high isolation. Low insertion loss can effectively improve the RF performance of the communication terminal, while high isolation can reduce interference between channels and improve communication quality.
• Wide operating temperature range of -40°C to 105°C, ensuring reliable performance over a stringent vehicle environment.
• Fast switching speed with less than 1µs on/off switching time.
• HBM ESD protection up to 2KV, reducing the risk of electrostatic damage.
• Suitable for both radio transmission and reception applications. Maximum power is 37dBm.
• Compatible to all automotive platforms, including but not limited to Qualcomm MDM9x07, SA415, SA522 and MediaTek MTK2735, etc.
• Excellent quality and reliability. In order to ensure quality and reliability for automotive applications, OnMicro has introduced a robust system to cover the entire AEC-Q100 product development and manufacturing cycle. The fact that HS8727-91 has been certified with AEC-Q100, is a proof of OnMicro's product development system.
With successful experience in obtaining AEC-Q100 certification for HS8727-91, OnMicro will increase its effort in developing RFFE products for automotive applications. Multiple products are currently under AEC-Q100 qualification tests, including RF switches, LNAs (Low Noise Amplifier), PAs (Power Amplifier), and PA modules. OnMicro is expected to offer a complete AEC-Q100 certified RFFE solutions in the near future. Stay tuned for more innovative products from OnMicro!
OnMicro is a leading RF/Analog fabless company head-quartered in Beijing, China. The company reaches out to customers and provides services through sale/engineering support centers located in various parts of China as well as South Korean and Taiwan. Since its establishment, OnMicro has been focusing on the R&D, production and sales of RF front-end, RF SoC, Analog IC parts and new semiconductor devices, with annual IC unit shipments of more than 1 billion.
【Products & Application Field 】
OnMicro specializes in developing RF integrated circuit chips and analog integrated circuit chips utilized in wireless communication, power management, and RF front-end modules, providing reliable integrated circuits and peripheral products for smartphones, feature phones, tablets, personal computers, wireless mouses, keyboards, smart home products, automotive electronics, energy storage, photovoltaic inverter, etc.
Currently, the company’s core product line covers 6 broad categories and includes more than 400 sub-category chips: 2G/3G/4G/5G full series RF front-end (L-PAMiD/F, L-DiFEM, MMMB PA, Tx Module, RF Switch, LNA, Tuner Switch, etc.), Filter (Saw Filter, TC/TF Saw Duplexer, BAW, etc.), IoT SoC chip (Bluetooth BLE, dual mode Bluetooth, 2.4GHz wireless chip, etc.), MCU, Mixed-signal ICs, Power management chip, etc. For more information, please visit www.onmicro.com.cn